Friday, February 2, 2018




--A BOY IS A HALF-FORMED THING


…Some people like to sweat.  Others would rather take a bath with bubbles, a glass of wine, and a book.

…Some people have a fear of long words.  It’s actually called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, a word that my computer underscores in red, though it’s actually a real word.

…It’s nice to have someone check in on you.  I think it’s one of the kinder things a person can do for you.

…Knowing my flaws is one thing I’m really good at, but sometimes the less I know, the better.

…I believe everyone is allowed to have a bad day.  I just have to remind myself of that when someone is really rude or cruel.

…You don’t always need a silver lining, but I’m always happy when I find one.

…Words are all I’ve ever lived by, and yet, after all these years they can still confound me.  If I parse them too much, I’m really in trouble.

…Last year, TSA confiscated almost 4,000 guns at the airport, ten guns a day per airport, and a 17% increase from the prior year.  Really?  What are people thinking?

…It’s important to remember that sometimes when you call someone a Bitch, or they call you one, it’s done in fun, or in love.

…Whenever I get painfully honest with my friends, I feel a sense of lightness.

…I think it’s always important to emphasize the importance of forgiveness.  In little things, but mostly in the big ones.

…People will think what they think, and I’ve never been a fan of gossip.  There’s a difference between gossip and useful information.  I find gossip almost always to be petty and most telling about the gossiper.

…Where’s all of your stuff?  It was a pretty short list.

…It’s Super Bowl weekend.  I’m going to go out on a limb and predict it will be the lowest rated Super Bowl in a long while.  Still, Americans will eat 1.4 billion chicken wings during the game, 15,000 tons of chips, 8 million pounds of guacamole and 10 million pounds of ribs.  Just watch.

…Tonight, the moon looks like I feel--wayward, thin, lightheaded and pale.  In fact, we could be twins.  That’s why we need to talk.

…Sometimes the moon’s gleaming indifference is a little hard to take.  But she’s a beauty nonetheless.

…"Aspire, break bounds. Endeavor to be good, and better still, best."  Robert Browning said that.  Yep.  He was right.


…Sometimes you don’t choose the book.  Sometimes it chooses you.

…The rain sounds like it’s trying to tell me something.  Like, “Get out.”

…Sometimes the rain has some big fists, and it’s not exactly patient either.

...One of the best questions I’ve been asked this week is, “Why did you burn the pictures?”

…I could be less tender.  It might be good to add some concrete mix to my diet.

…This is the end of my body as you know it, its superfluous penchant for love, its poorer costume, its shiny disaster.

…Don’t cry for me, Argentina.




No comments:

Post a Comment