Wednesday, February 7, 2018



--YOU WERE THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR DAY


…I woke up feeling hopeful this morning.  There’s probably nothing better than that.  Well, maybe waking up feeling grateful.

 …In a darkened place I watched my soul replace itself with something new and fresh and glistening.

…Rain or no rain, everyday also throws up a rainbow and I’m not going to waste a bit of the beauty of this.

…Catch me laughing.  Catch me drinking past dawn.  Catch me singing.  Catch me beaming, open-armed.

…The thing about self-talk is, when you’re thinking about it, you’re self-talking, so best be careful what you’re thinking.

…Don’t you just love honeybees?  No?  I do.  A honeybee’s wing can beat 11,4000 times per minute.  But they also have five eyes, and some with hair on them (really).

…No lack of wouldn’t could be my undoing.

…Something almost as surprising is The Philippines having over 7,100 islands.  It would be quite a job naming them all.  I wonder whose responsibility that was.

…I wanted The Patriots to win the Super Bowl because I like Tom Brady (I know a lot of people hate him as much as I love him.  Please don’t shoot me.)  I was glad the Eagles won, though.  They city needed it as much as the team.  What was shocking was fan reaction the day after.  Someone actually said this, “Losing a Super Bowl is worse than losing your parents.”  Pretty unbelievable, right?

…“We think too much and feel too little."
"A day without laughter is a day wasted."
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world—not even our troubles.”  Charlie Chaplin said all that.  Pretty bright guy, old Charlie.  Not only funny, but sage, too.

…A group of otters is called a romp.  Now isn’t that just so cute?  A few years back I saw three otters frolicking on the dock, sort or rolling around and wrestling like puppies.  They were definitely romping.  It was one of the cutest things I’ve seen.

…Hummingbirds can be seen differently depending on how they hover and the light they allow you to see, and in that way, I am very much like a hummingbird.

…Often, the most important moments are the most mundane ones enacted in the right places, then narrated without expectation.

…When I was so busy, wrapped up in the corporate world, I thought the way to make up for lost time with my kids was to take them to some huge event—The Grammys, Britney Spears, etc.  After I left that world for an opposite world I realized the best moments, the most important moments, happen on a fifteen-minute car ride to the bus stop when it’s just you and your child talking about whatever comes to mind.


…I’m trying to write with the headlights on.  So maybe I don’t know exactly where I’m going, but at least I can see in front of me, foot by foot, yard by yard, mile by mile.



No comments:

Post a Comment