Friday, February 16, 2018



…I FEEL A LITTLE ACHY TODAY


…Everyone wants to know why I don’t write anymore, and so I give them the same answer I offer up when people ask me questions about God—“I don’t know, yet I still believe.”

…There is a list of questions I want to ask, but never will.

…What’s hardest is living with What If’s.  It’s best not to live that way if you can help it.

…How in the world did we get here?  How did we live through it and how are we still living?  What a story we’ve written.

…I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do this again. At some point, I won’t get another chance.

…I can tell you’re lying because there’s always that little bit of arrogance in the pause of your response.  Admit it, you’re lying.  Here’s my pinkie.  Grab it and curl yours into mine.  I dare you.  

…Are you angry with me?  And would you tell me if you were?  Are you okay?  And would you tell me if you weren’t?

…Is it wrong that I’m asking you all these questions?

…Aren’t we all just looking for answers?  I mean, it seems like we all need a place to go to.

…This morning the dandelions on the lawn are rolling their eyes with a look of disappointment, and that makes me feel lousy.

…They leave and act like it never happened.  They come back and act like they never left.

…Ain’t that America, for you and me?

…A honeybee doesn’t dream of kissing the mouth of a flower, but then just settle for its leaves. Honeybees know what they want and they’ll die trying to get it if they have to.  How I admire the honeybee.

...Why is it that when the story ends, we finally begin to feel all of it?

…”Rise,” said the moon, and the new day came and stood nervously at attention, waiting for you to dress it, to adorn it somehow.

…A good practice is to notice everything you don’t have, and to then decide you’re perfect nonetheless.

…Now that the water has made its exit, the potholes grin with their hollowed-out jowls.  Driving over each one, I realize the rain wasn’t all that bad after all.  And isn’t that a metaphor for life?

…Depression is a shallow thing living inside of me.  It takes more than a village to fling it aside.  Sometimes an exorcism is required.

…I used to dream that I was so strong, nothing could shake me.  But now I rarely remember my dreams.

…Yesterday when I woke up the flowers beheaded themselves and carried on laughing anyway.

…A lot of times we are angry at other people for not doing what we should have done ourselves.

…I have so many questions for God.  I guess we all do.  In the top five for me is: Why did you leave me unfinished?

…If it all ends the same, a loss is a loss is a loss.

…Do I sound sad?  I’m actually not.  I’m just being introspective.  At least that’s what I’m currently telling myself.

…I hear a thousand kind words about me and it makes no difference.  I hear one insult and all confidence shatters.

…Call the electrician.  My eyes won’t light up anymore.  Call the plumber.  I’m having trouble draining.

…Gutted like a fish.  Scraped clean like a cantaloupe.  That’s no way to feel.


-->
…But today the sun is flirting.  Normally, I’m not a fan of those who wink, but I’ll get over it right now.  Wink all you want.  I’m smiling.  You feel good on my skin, like an electric blanket turned up a little too high.  There’s hardly any sting at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment