Monday, February 5, 2018



--BABY YOU’RE A FIREWORK


…You’re worth it.  Until you understand that this is all that matters, it will always be too much.

…Sometimes I think it’s the bullfrogs out in the marsh making all that racket, when it’s really just the squeeze toys in my head.

…For a second there, I thought something bad might happen, but then I remembered that 90 percent of what we worry about never comes to fruition.  I also remembered that it’s best not to look down when you’re up high in a tall building. 

…I think I would start to lose my grip on reality if I didn’t have people I loved and needed on hand, people who loved and needed me right back.

I’ll stand by you, won’t let nobody hurt you.—That’s a simply lyric, but pretty powerful, if you think about it.

…But it’s not that simple.  I mean what is?  What’s worth something, really worth something, that is just so easy to get?

…It’s almost strange, what you can see so clearly once you detach from a situation. 

…Lately I have been having the types of exchanges that don’t involve me, but are still filled with lots of meaningful eye contact.

…Sometimes I watch the moon (I know, I know, the damn moon again…) the way some people are mesmerized by a lava lamp.

…I’m sorry, but I can still be half lonely, yet half alive, and those can both happen when I’m in a crowded room.

…I’ve been really lethargic lately.  But don’t worry, it’s not your fault.

…Do you want to talk about it?

…When the crowds push against you inelegantly, it’s best not to push back.  It’s best to let them push and push and push until they’re tuckered out.

…After all these years I’m still having epiphanies about myself.  I’ll take that as a good sign.  The other option would just be playing into one of the latest epiphany I’ve had.

…Often the best thing to do when everything seems jagged or muddy is to communicate, and be gentle.

…Not to be political, but why do Republicans think they have the corner on God?  Seems to me there’s plenty of God to go around.

…I prefer my heroes flawed.

…Let’s celebrate the first time you cried naked in someone’s bed.  Let’s honor that with a thin, honest smile.

…Some people like the act of cleaning up small, organized messes of planned mistakes.  Me, I’d rather not make them, but probably most of us feel this way.

…Forget logic.  Logic doesn’t know what you want.

…Hey, what do you have to hide?

…You can tell a lot about a family from the photos on their mantle.  You can tell a lot from the ornaments on a family’s tree.

…I’m just thinking out loud.

…Yet I’m still here.

…And we’re going to be fine, so the Haters can go ahead and hate someplace else.


No comments:

Post a Comment