Monday, February 12, 2018



--YOU ARE SOMETHING ELSE


…I’d like to be the kind of person who can meditate.

…I like people who openly admit their notoriousness—people who unabashedly confess they are hopelessly flawed.  Those kinds of people remind me of someone I know.

…Disorderly, sloppy and chaotic aren’t always signs that things are headed south.  Sometimes it means they’re going north, but just taking a little longer.

…When I allow myself to open up to the feeling of gratitude, it typically washes over me and I end up wishing I did it more often.

…Practically speaking, pretending is efficient, uncomplicated and quick.  But pretending is the grease of most relationships.  We don’t really want to be who we really are, or at least we don’t want other people to see all sides of ourselves.

…The truth is, most of us are a mess in one way or another.  None of us are who we appear to be.  We all have secrets.  We all have issues.

…It breaks my heart and I don’t understand why no one is doing anything about this--One third of Brazil’s 150 million residents are under fourteen years of age.  Twenty-five million children live in desperate poverty.  Eight million of those are abandoned and of those, thirty-five percent of these will die before they reach the age of eighteen.

…The world’s not getting smaller, there’s just less in it.

…Even though it’s mid-winter, I often think I hear the flowers giggling outside while the bees get jealous.

…Come at me with some jelly bro.  (Inside joke.)

...The bricks will grow tired of waiting and crumble.  The cranes will droop their necks in sorrow.  The shovels will rust.  But I’ll still be here.

…The hummingbirds tell me you’re in a contemplative mood.  I told them to tell you that’s fine by me so long as you’re thinking good things.

…People are amazing.  That’s one thing I’m certain of.

…I want to be a good person.  I don’t want to fail.  I want to learn from my mistakes.  Most of the time, however, I feel like I’m running into the arms of my own clutteredness.

…Here I am, the top side of fifty, and I fail on a regular basis.  I guess that’s one way of growing.

…Take a breather, Superman.

…Unfortunately, eulogies are delivered by people who know the deceased.

…We are where we are now in the mess of our lives, the tangledness and unfixedness.  Isn’t that wonderful?

…If you write a poem, run your fingers under cold water for two minutes with your eyes closed.

…Sometimes the writing just doesn’t work, doesn’t connect.  It just lies there in a pile while I desperately try to resuscitate it.

…Desperate is a strong word.  That’s why I like it.

…Dude, it’s hard to ignore all this beauty.  I don’t know why I do it.

…I’m learning that there’s a myth of fixing one’s self.  There’s no silver bullet, that one big fix.  It’s one foot up, then down.  Next foot up, then down.

…Sometimes you have to be a little lost to find a place that can’t be found.  

…”Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.   It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?’  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  You’re playing small doesn’t serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.” –Nelson Mandela

…Dear God,
Just so you know, I’m doing the best I can. 
Thank you for your patience.



No comments:

Post a Comment