Friday, February 9, 2018



--IF YOU WANT TO JOIN ME, I’LL BE DANCING IN THE DARK


…First things first--I’m going to say all the words inside my head.
  
…My dad would have been 81 years old this month.  I hope he’s resting comfortably, but knowing him, he’s probably out in the yard fixing God’s broke down trucks.

…After my dad died there was an enormous mess to clean up.  Dad was a hoarder, big time.  Some of the things he collected were all those Nordstrom gift cards I’d sent him over the years, for Christmas or on his birthday.  I wish he would have used them.  I wish he would have splurged and got himself something nice.

…Bit by bit, snip by snip, I’m cutting through the cathartic jugular.  But it’s my own stuff, so it’s okay.  

…I like the feel of the wind—in my hair, on my face.  It’s kind of sensuous.   I even like the kind of rough wind that throws me off balance.  It reminds me that I'm still alive. 

…Second thing second--I keep on running fast just to catch up to myself.

…Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

…Don’t throw my name around like that.  You could get into some kind of trouble.

…Kids were laughing in my classes while I was scheming for the masses.

…What I’ve come to realize is you have to let that shit go.  That tension in your shoulders. 

…Someone’s been hammering next door all day and Pete the eagle just flew by, but the rain still won’t give up.  Seems like everyone’s got a mission before the weekend.

…Everyone is their own hurricane, their own silent movie.  We're all filling out our diaries, sentence by sentence.

…The other night someone told me to never underestimate the power of loneliness.  They didn’t know me very well.

…Saying you’re happy out loud makes it more real.  Here, I’ll try it.  “...I’m happy…”  Can you hear me?

…Sometimes happiness feels superstitious.

…Everybody wants to be wanted but not everybody wants to be needed.  That can be a huge difference.

…My body is always a little sore, as if it’s yearning for something, as if it’s missing its other half.

…What we worship and bury is a sweet and sour soup, tangy and unfinished.

…There’s never a good time to admit this, but sometimes there’s just no explosiveness to my game, no rhythm and blues.

…I’ve been a saint.  I’ve been the truth.  I’ve been the lie.

…It’s not always wise to assess your damage.  Sometimes it’s best to just be a duck, let that water roll right off.

…You’re the little girl who made my life somersault.

…Actually, I love the girl that loves the dog.

…Every year, on my saddest day, I look to the sky to make sure the sun’s still there.

…Can I be really honest?  You take my words away.

…Last things last—today is going to be a day unlike any other day.




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment