Friday, August 31, 2018





—AND…THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN LIFE


...I could walk all day and all night.  I could run one hundred miles.  I could do anything…

…I am an icy slip of nothing.  I guess that means I’m something.

…I was going to say something profound here, but it slipped my tongue again.

…Something I’ve become pretty good at is slipping my hands into a vat of piping hot grease.

…My parents didn’t believe in bedtime stories, furniture, or dentists.  It’s just stuff they didn’t believe in.

…Patience and willpower are the worst kinds of tests.

…Sometimes the cement in my stomach climbs up into my throat, then my mouth, and it tastes like yesterday.

…You might be scowling, but I always had your back.  I did.

…Getting lost isn’t so bad if you open up your eyes and see all the new stuff in front of you.  Then it becomes a kind of an adventure.

…That question the clouds had been waiting to answer all day fell down in a steady downpour and it was kind of glorious.

…You really shouldn’t ever leave without paying.  Really, you shouldn’t.

…Even as I flounder and flop, I’m still silently in love with every minute of being alive.

…Who do you let deliver your narrative?  Isn’t it up to you to tell your own story?

…Sunshine?  Such a fake friend.

…Blackberries are the best use of the sun.  They hold the juice of summer in their bellies, and they’re kind enough to die while they’re sharing it with you.

…Oof.  Being too late to the party.  Oof.  Being too indecisive.  Oof.  Being inarticulate when it counts.  Oof.

…The house I grew up in?  It was both the scariest and loneliest place on earth.

…You don’t need to tell me.  I already know I’m fragile, but at least I’m still living.

No comments:

Post a Comment