Monday, September 3, 2018





—ONE OF THESE DAYS I’M ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT.  I’M GOING TO LASSO THE MOON.

…The thing is, you can’t put your arms around a memory.

…I saw the moon looking at you and she looked pretty pleased.

…When people ask you, “Pretty please?” they mean it, even if they are desperate.

…Desperate people are some of my favorite people.  They want things more badly than the rest of us.

…Our whole entire f’ed up world is because of geography.

…I just realized, I never look at a painting and wonder, Is this fictional or non-fictional.  It’s just a painting.

…There are some secrets you can be brave enough to share, and after you have, ppl still won’t believe you.

…It might make you feel better to talk to someone.  At least, that’s what ppl tell me all the time.

…If you ever meet me, just ask me what you want and I will do my best to give you the answer you want to hear.

…The police never questioned me.  I think they were kind of afraid of what I’d tell them.

…I’ve never met someone as shy as I used to be.  That’s a good thing.

…Some ppl have been dead for years, and yet they’re still very much alive.  Just ask me.  I’m one.

…I have a rushing river inside my heart.  You do, too. We’re both just trying to decide where we’re rushing to.

…A lot of guys have grease-stained hands.  Mine are ink-stained.  A lot of guys have calluses on their hands.  Me, I’ve got calluses on my heart.

…I knew someone who acted like they knew something no one else did.  They were only fun to be around when they acted like everyone else—gullible, vulnerable, and mostly clueless.

…I’m afraid of how big I’d be if I ate like normal people.  I’m afraid of how happy I’d be if I had as few regrets as most people.

…The other day I heard a guy singing “Don’t Worry” live with a different vibe to it and realized that’s a pretty heady song.  I even (yep) got a little misty at one point.

…What if we all made a list of all the people we have ever loved, then compared notes?  That’d be interesting, if not also entertaining.

…Listen.  Your heart is beating.  Isn’t that amazing.  Your heart believes in you.  I believe in your heart, too.

…I have never had a million babies explode from my heart and go running all over the world, but I’m looking forward to that day.

…God bless the myths of this world.  Bless the people who go on making the myths.  Sometimes it’s all we have.

…The problem with telling the truth is sometimes people don’t want to hear it.

…We are all just trying to sleep.  I know I am forever trying to go to sleep.

…I want to thank you for your time, even though time doesn’t belong to either of us.

…“Where to?  What next?”  Then the mouth said the saddest word ever: “Tomorrow.”



No comments:

Post a Comment