Wednesday, September 12, 2018



 

--KEEP IN MIND, NOTHING IS PERFECT


I tried to send you a note but the computer was slow or dead or you’d blocked me or I’d typed in the wrong address.  Or maybe there was a power outage where you were, a really long and disruptive one, or maybe you got a new computer or a new address, or maybe the sky broke through right when you were reading and it was so magnificent, so perfect and revealing, that you realized how happy and content you were, swimming in your bowl of silence, your coastline so far on the horizon, on the opposite end of the world from where I am.


All I have are gestures, none of them mine anymore, me a mime, a puppet the wind moves about.
It’s so interesting the charades we find entertaining, so funny what we deem comical, as if it is our choice, as if it has anything at all to do with us. 


In a green sea which glowed as if spooked by God, I swam under and under until I found our rock.  Only thing, it had grown to the size of a boulder, a small mountain lodged in the seabed and sea scum—can you imagine that?!  Still I worked my fingers around its slimy ass and bulging throat and hairy calves.  I loosened that stone and watched it float, like a gray sun, up toward the light, toward the air.



No comments:

Post a Comment