Friday, September 28, 2018







—THIS IS TERRIBLE.  THAT’S MY PROFESSIONAL OPINION

…I wrote a lot of odds and ends yesterday.  One piece I finished, but I’m too nervous to share it.  Even for me, it’s incredibly dark.

…This is a first for me: my story was translated in Spanish and published in an Argentine journal and will also be published in a print anthology later this year.  There should be a button in the righthand corner to translate into English.

 …Sometimes I just feel like I want to go home, but I don’t know where home is.

…Where is your mind now?  Somewhere outside of the body?

…These walls look the same as they did yesterday, and the day before that—like they could use a drink.

…Next week I’m going to get back on Twitter.  I hope I can figure out how to make it work.  Apparently, it’s where all the writers are.

…Sometimes you can’t pick the knife, but it can sure pick you.

…The trouble with beginnings is there aren’t any.

…If only I could make a better list.

…Anyway, the point is, it feels like there’s a sun going down in my head.

…How is it that I’m still here, and you’re still over there?

…Some other time I’ll show you the thing about my guardedness.

…I wait and I wait for this mood to change, but the birds never come and the mood never changes.

…Sunday I start up a new online writer’s group with four people I adore.  It should be fantastic and hopefully quite productive.

…When I was younger I had dreams I could fly and dreams that I could swim underwater, holding my breath for hours and hours.  I miss those dreams.

…Every so often I check the mirror to make sure I’m still there.   That’s why the walls keep sighing.

…I promise to get back to posting stories and poems at some point in the near future.  Just bear with me a little while longer, please.  For now I need to journal.

…What a difference misplaced anger can make.

…What I mean is, you’re not to blame for this.  And don’t blame anyone else either.  Fasten it on me.

…Sometimes what someone writes tells you the look on their face pretty clearly.

…I have a heart, that’s not the problem.  The problem is I’m always cold.

…More and more, I get this feeling that I don’t know a thing.

…Someone recently told me that having humility starts first with having high self-esteem.  I’d never thought of it that way before.

…Tell me a story about the bottle’s neck widening.

…Sometimes I figure if I don’t say it aloud, I won’t ruin it.  If I don’t say it out loud, that might make it untrue.   

…It’s amazing what a well-placed comma can do, how much it can change things.

…When it comes to fashion, you don’t want to be a repeat offender.

…Every window in this room is nodding its head, urging me to get on with it.

…Yesterday, when the sun came out blazing, it hit the surface of the lake with so much power.  The sun-dappled waves gossiping with tiny pinpricks of light.  It was so captivating I must have stared for an hour.

…It’s not that easy to say what happened.  It’s not even easy to think about what happened.

…I’m having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.  How about you?

…Time to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment