Thursday, September 6, 2018






—YOU REALLY ARE QUITE A STORY


Every evening
is a mouth unglued,
yet still gluey.
Which do you prefer?
We’ve got all night.


But really,
it’s your fault
that makes me
feel as if it’s my fault
when really there
is no fault at all. 


You’re wrong.
I do want to
know the reasons why.
Look, even the
doves know,
hanging in the
silky shadows.
They’ve been
here before,
battling with
their broken wings.
They try that hard.
Just ask them.


I watch you sleep
on a Chaise lounge,
tiny tremors sparking
near the bridge of your eyes,
sun patting
your forehead,
sun kissing your
lips so sweetly,
sun kissing every
available space,
wasting no time,
smart as an owl
that has seen everything
and will no longer tolerate
wasting anything at all.



Please, please,
just let me
spend time here,
my old hands,
your new skin,
my tongue a
curious vagabond,
hitched finally
to something that
tastes like lemon and
looks like gold
lighting up my
slippery lips.
  

Yes, yes, it's true--she is that beautiful, spinning through a vase of hysterical sunflowers, pulsing under the eyelids of the sun, shooting through your pours like a burst faucet just seconds after having kissed your skin, leaving you permanently crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment