Tuesday, September 4, 2018




--YOU HAVE TO ADMIT, I’VE BEEN REALLY GOOD AT ABIDING BY INSTRUCTIONS, AT LEAST UNTIL NOW.


…The gardeners were singing today, and that made everyone happier, especially the squirrels and me.

…“Come back!” is always nice to hear.

…I wondered if I was an asshole, if I was dressed appropriately.

…If I had known today’s events were going to take place, I would have taken a different exit.

…I wouldn’t expect anyone to have a life similar to mine.  Maybe the things we have in common are mere coincidences.

…I’ve been trying to be more up-to-date, so I’ve stopped carrying paper and pen with me wherever I go.  Now I jot things down on my phone.  Presently I’ve got a dozen or so poem parts emailed to myself.  One is about a sunflower.  I’m not sure what it’s about, but I like the sound of it.

…I wish I didn’t feel weak just by saying hi to you.

…And…And…And…And…

…“I am doing so much work on myself” is something we should all be able to say truthfully, and with conviction.

…Late to the party?  Isn’t that called fashionably late?  I thought it was.

…Craig’s List is asking that I write more, even when I have nothing else to say.

…We talked about the sun and the sunrise and how we were both really here, not just here, but really here.

…You don’t necessarily need to be bereaved to grieve.

There ain’t a cloud in the sky…

…No port of entry.  I guess that’s just as well, right?

…I get it.  We’re all hurting from something or other.

…Maybe I don’t want to know the reason why.

…Before you left, you laughed.  I’d love to hear that laugh again.

…I saw a hollowed-out version of myself sitting at a keyboard, only he was sweating some and wearing a bright-colored shirt.

…For Halloween this year, I’m going as my inner child, which could prove interesting for a Cancer.

…I can only repeat myself so often.

…I’m not sure how I got all these scuff marks on my face, but I’m starting to get used to them.

…Everyone seems to have an answer for me, except me.

…I don’t want this to just be an obligation.  I’d rather have it be enjoyable in some respects.

…This is a position for someone who can handle light responsibilities.

What I am saying, trying to say, is that there must be a better way.



No comments:

Post a Comment