Monday, September 17, 2018





--HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT, FIRE AWAY
  
…I think when you give up believing you’re owed some measure of good luck, you’re in big trouble.

…The real problem is we see things through our own lens.  You may not know what I see, and I may not know what you see, and therein lies the real issue.

“I’m way too good at goodbye’s,” said me, never.

…Now the word “if” is a cliff.  If “if” hadn’t been so important, it wouldn’t matter so much.

…Strange, but I was up very early and I saw the beaver swim across the lake, sort of floating or dog-paddling as he always does, and then I saw another do the same thing twenty minutes later.  I didn’t know there were two beavers, so I’m not sure why they didn’t make the journey together.  Perhaps they were quarreling.  Maybe even beavers have issues they can’t resolve.

…“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.  It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.”  -Mary Oliver

…It’s funny how easy one thing is, how difficult the other.

…Just make a start, I tell myself over and over.

…Here’s my back.  Take your whip and have at it.  You don’t even need to tell me when you’re done. 

…After all, aren’t scars just wounds on their way to turning into new skin?

…But this made me chuckle:  someone on FBK wrote, “Anyone else find hay in their bra after they take it off?”

…It’s okay.  We’re different people than we were yesterday.

…Ppl can do whatever they damn well please.  It’s called free will.  You don’t have to like it, but what else are you gonna do?

…Together they looked like part of a set, and now, not.

…Reading the galleys of my new collection was like reading someone else’s book.  Most of the stories were written so long ago, I hardly remembered writing them, or what compelled me to do so in the first place.  A lot of them were actually pretty good, with the final ten bordering on funny.  Who knew?

…Most people don’t look like their Facebook picture, but then most of us wish we looked different than we do.

…Some ppl are strong believers in karma, an-eye-for-an-eye type of philosophy.  Me, I’m just confused.

…Experience, however horrible, is life’s best teacher.

…All this time you think you know someone, and then one day you discover you don’t.

…How can you share one and not the other, not even a little bit?

…I’m trying to be less judgmental, yet I still wonder how I’ve ended up being such a bad judge of others.

…This weekend has left me thinking about The Mary Celeste.

…There’s only so long you can stare at the infinite twilight until it’s gone for good.

“Why you look at me with that face, huh?  You gonna be fine.”

…Well, shit.

…It’s pretty hard to piss me off, but if you do, I get just as bitter and resentful as the next person.

…One way or another, it doesn’t matter.

…Some things are just too much to ask for, apparently.  Apparently, it’s best never to ask at all.  Never ever.

…Sometimes it’s not one, but it’s a million little things.

…Does a person’s most cruel moments count against their best?  I mean, are they even connected in any way?

…I mean, lately it’s hard to make plans at all.

…Here’s what I’ll end with: Touché, Bravo, Uncle.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment