Friday, August 10, 2018







—MY HOW THE LAST FEW MONTHS HAVE CHANGED


…“So long as I have questions, I shall go on writing.” Clarice Spector

…I am trying really hard to fail better.  I’m trying to learn how to build a better boat.

…If we knew the motivation for what ppl do, there’d be a lot less dissension, but it’d probably make things a lot less interesting as well.

…Doesn’t everybody have a doppelgänger?  I saw Sean Penn’s from Fast Times At Ridgemont High the other day.  Same dude, I swear.  He even said, “Gnarly.”

…Is it only bad habits that are hard to break, or all habits?

…I have a habit of writing down useless information that seems vital or colorful at the time, then later I wonder what was so appealing about it.

…“There are reasons the impossible is impossible…”. I wrote that and ppl said it was trite.  I’m not sure I agree.

…First time, not the last time, for sure.

…Ppl who return lost items are really good people.  Sadly, I don’t know many of them.

…Some funerals are really just reunions where everyone keeps aging except for the star of the show.

…Ppl should really lay off The Bee Gees.  There are plenty of other things to despise.

…I think it is impossible to hate a writer, unless maybe like, they’ve killed someone.

…I get a lot of notifications that say “In Case You Missed It.”  I must miss quite a few things.

…I’ve already seen the bottom, but that doesn’t mean I like it any more than before I saw it.

…Anybody else would have said, “It is what it is” but I’m pulled over on the road shoulder staring at my palms, wondering what it is I’ve done wrong, all the words I've mangled, all the skin I've bruised so badly.

…My razor blade could use a better rest.

…There’s nothing worse than someone who doesn’t trust you.

…How come “put me out of my misery” only means one thing?

…Seems like everyone has a sad love story.

…I try to remind myself that far worse things happen every day.

…When we talk, do we even think about what we’re going to say beforehand, or do we just say it?

…I guess I have a future, but it looks a lot like my past.

…I could probably botch my own death.

…I know I left that earthquake survival kit around here somewhere.

…I’m worried about thinking I have anything left to lose.

…Sometimes I wish people could understand what I said without me having to say it.  That’d clear up a lot of the issues.

…Sorry I’m late, but this person just questioned my side of the story.

…Isn’t it kind of cheating if you need drugs or alcohol to ruin your life?

“It’s going to take some time this time.  It’s going to take a lot of work.

…I wish it wasn’t, but my tongue feels awfully bitter this morning.

…I already have enough metaphors for my life.

…When ppl say, “What now?” it’s pretty much an accusation.

…And here I thought I was making sense.

…Maybe the world will be a better place someday.  I sure hope so.

...“Got friends to call who let me talk about what ain’t working, what’s still hurtin’, all the things I feel like cussing out.”

…My heart feels very small and quiet right now.  I’m not even sure it’s beating.



No comments:

Post a Comment