Friday, January 12, 2018



--YOU ARE IMPORTANT.  YOU DESERVE TO FEEL GOOD.  THE UNIVERSE IS ON YOUR SIDE


...But what do you want?

...And soon the clover will yellow and burn and scar beneath an unaware sun who cannot comprehend she's menacing and not mortal, but also not indifferent to the universe's charms and qualms--this is a poem I just started this morning.

...I tend to get a little extreme in my enthusiasm.  At least I think I do.

...Songs sometimes are uncannily appropriate to the situation at hand.

...I'm not insensitive to out-and-out denials even though I'd be sorry to lose your friendship.

...Sulking.  At the heart of the sulk lies a confusing mix of intense anger and an intense desire not to communicate what one is angry about.  The sulker both desperately needs the other person to understand and yet remain utterly committed to doing nothing to help.  And yet it is a privilege to be the recipient of a sulk; it means the other person respects and trusts us enough to think we should understand their unspoken heart.  It is one of the older gifts of love.

...I seem to be getting more philosophical these days.

...Massage is the best way to distract yourself.  Deep tissue massage.  I imagine that's what heaven must be like.

...One thing I'm learning is not to expect too much from people.

...Of course, I still make a lot of mistakes, but I'm learning.

...My head's underwater, but I'm doing fine.  I realize that no matter where I am it's always the same.

...I seem to have this knack for making things complicated for myself.  Do I make you feel like things are messy and uncomfortable between us?  How awful.

...I guess we can't escape being a product of the times, can we?

...Some days feel the same as the ones that immediately preceded them.  It's like watching yourself in the same film but with a different sound track each time you watch it.  I don't know if you have ever felt like this.

...I told you I was becoming more philosophical lately.

...If your life is not too turbulent, it's good to take a moment to feel grateful.  Even if it is a little shaky, there's never a bad time to tell someone you love them and maybe even why,

...Nothing i think is in future tense.

...Out here, you have to take the good with the bad.  Out here, everyone is just passing through.

...In the end, it doesn't even matter.

...I'm becoming aware of just how lost inside my life you are.

...Please adjust my dreams for me.  Something nasty just flew into my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment