Wednesday, January 10, 2018



--I HAVE BEEN AT TIMES SO HAPPY AS TO NOT KNOW WHAT THE WEATHER WAS


...The whole world has problems--and I?  How am I going to stand this place?  What else is there?

...In the movie version the camera is panning to a gorgeous sunset and the music is rich and deep and tender.

...The things that never come back are several.

...I am trying to be less obvious, thinner, nearly invisible. The sun's rays run right through me.  The rain can only hit the ground.

...Who doesn't blame the weather when the weather takes over?

...I'm sorry, but there are some things you just can't take back.

...Who knew how quickly trees humiliate our losses?

...When I was a kid, some summers we'd go to the small town of Yakima for vacation.  My parents would have a room in the Holiday Inn and we kids would have the camper in the parking lot, but we had access to the hotel pool.  That's where I learned to swim when may brothers flung me in the water and said, "Good luck!"  Other than that, they weren't around much, but a lot of stuff happened at that pool for me.  Oh boy.

...I read the news today, oh boy.

...And some species kill the ones they favor, the ones they actually love, because that is all they know how to do in the end.

...Poetry can be what speaks to another silence.  Two silences quarreling over nothing.

...At a certain day, at a certain age, you identify with everyone.

...Which is it, in the end, the thing we love?  The picture of it, or the thing itself?

...I am listening and thinking of the distances, wandering in all directions, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

...Those clouds above us?  What a beautiful roof.

...Staring straight back at us, the pictures never lie.

...It can take a lifetime to hear, to see a thing.

...No, that's too easy.

...Some people are so smart they can find that point that divides the wind.

...Someone's always left behind, married to the same old address.

...I was dead, too, but didn't quite know it yet.

...And sometimes you can't help but think:  Wait a minute, what??





No comments:

Post a Comment