Wednesday, January 24, 2018



--TELL ME IT'S OKAY


...Lately, I've been thinking about the past, how there is no holding back.  No point in wasting sorrow.

...So try this.  The next time a sunrise steals your breath, or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, stay that way.

...You got my number, you can call on me.  You get in trouble, you call fall on me.  You get mad, you can take it out on me... Put it all on me...


...The marble the Michelangelo’s David was carved from was a hunk of marble he found in the trash.  Just goes to show you, one man's junk is another man's treasure, or can be with a little fortitude and imagination.


...It's raining at a slant here.  The strange thing is it's just switched from left to right without my knowing it.  And somehow, out my window there is a cone of gnats swirling in a lazy rotation despite the wetness.

...Life is a series of doors.  Sometimes you get to choose the door you walk through and sometimes you don't, but you still have to walk through the door.  Still, what really matters is what you do once you've walked through. 

...Sometimes I can hear my bones laughing at me, but lately I've taken to laughing right back with them.  It's a lot more fun that way.  

...True love means there is no deal breaker.

...Life is a bit like Stockholm Syndrome, or it should be.

...Every dream is beaten back accordingly and I am fine with that.  They've all been nightmares anyway, and I have no interest in being rescued.  There's no agency in that.

...The lake is so greedy, bloated slate-black this time of year, like a rippled, liquid chalkboard.  It takes all the rain it's given without complaint.  At night she sleeps with one arm over her forehead and the other wrapped around my waist. 

...Those things that remind us what a privilege it is to feel anything as strongly and as messily as you did when you were young--those are the things to hold onto.

...I've spent so much of my time, going out of my mind.  Tried so hard to be amused, but what you cannot gain you lose.

...Sometimes the night cuts through me like a knife, but today all I see is sun, even if she's been playing Hide N Seek all morning.

..."Everything's going to be okay."  It's not always, but that's the one thing you most want to hear when things look bleak.

...Everything's going to be okay.  I just know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment