Monday, January 29, 2018




--SO HOW ARE YOU NOW?


…The best kind of happiness is the kind that spreads.

…When is it time to knock down the whitewashed walls?
When is it time to beat the bricks like bass drums?
When is it time to risk your skull and all the squishy thoughts you hold so dear?
Why not go ahead and bang your head?

…To a greater or lesser degree, and manifesting one way or another, all human beings are afraid.  And some of us are so afraid that we dare not show our fear.  Sometimes we dare not even know our fear.  For fear itself is a terrifying concept to behold.

…Where no sea runs, the heart of the water pushes its tide.  Or so says Dylan Thomas

…The trick is to cut off the tears at the swell, but sometimes the tide is too hurried and rough.

…While I fear that we’re drawn to what abandons us, and to what seems most likely to abandon us, in the end I believe we’re defined by what embraces us.

…Life is all a matter of mountains and caves—mountains we must climb, and caves where we hide when we can’t face our mountains.

…Imagine a childhood of crushing loneliness, then imagine letting it slip away like dandelion seeds in the breeze.

…Without this sheet, I might be invisible.

…Wait a minute, cottage cheese?  Is that a joke?

…Here’s a happy poem I had published the other day:

…Some people act like they’ve never made a mistake.  Me, I make them all the time.  

…Some people never let go of Christmas, which is understandable to a degree.  But what about all of the other days?

…I want a life of wind on skin.  That’d be really nice.

…I’m looking for signs that I’m okay, but it feels like I’m ten degrees off.
  
…Sometimes palinoia gets the best of me.

…Sometimes I’m not as sad as I seem/sound.  It’s just that I’m drawn to sadness in the way that most people are drawn to beauty or joy.

…I knew this would happen.  I mean, I really wished it would happen, to be here again.

…How many chances does one person get?  I don’t know, but I guess I need one more.

…Don’t be mad at me.  It’s just fiction.  Or at least I think it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment