Friday, January 26, 2018



--I’M STRAIGHT UP FIXED ON YOU


…One of the best things ever has to be waking up feeling good, happy, and not knowing why that is.

…One in thirty births in the US are twins.  The odds are pretty good.  Too bad they weren’t for me, but it worked out quite all right anyway.  

…”If there is no struggle, there is no progress.”  Frederick Douglas said that.  He had no idea how right he was.

…The junk of our lives might not be junk.  Maybe we just need the perspective of time to appreciate that what was thought to be trash was actually gold with the dirt not washed off.

…Dogs and children are sensitive issues for me.

…For a while there I was freaked out about running out of time.  Now I’m okay with it, either way.

…The only other mammal that cries tears are elephants.  That kind of makes me love elephants.

…Penguins are also pretty fascinating.  They work so hard and love in quirky ways.  They’re loyal and great parents.  What’s not to love about penguins?

…”I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.”  That’s Martin Luther King, Jr., and I agree with him.

…I know exactly where I’m going, said me never.

…Sometimes.  Always.  Never.

…”Thank you for noticing” is something most people like hearing.  I know I do.

…Those times it happened, it was kind of like I lost a heart and there was nowhere for the blood to go.

…I’m sorry for taking my eye off the ball.  That’s you.  You’re the ball.

…Always I walk up the same steps.  I push open the door and end up with you.

…Maybe I actually like being mad at myself.

…The bad guys know everything, but they have pretty lousy outfits.

…I think everyone sees their childhood through different lenses, different perspectives, but sometimes the truth is universal and unavoidable.

…Lately I’ve been trying to determine if the moon and stars disagree.

…Lately I’ve been thinking about the idea of self-sabotage.  Apparently, we all do it on occasion, but I am the master at it.

…What’re we doing out here, just sitting when we could be dancing?

…When you break it down, it’s really about the people on the inside, those who’ve broken through your skin and swim inside you.

…Sometimes the right kind of No is better than the right kind of Yes, but not usually.

…Everybody hides.  Everybody needs.  Everybody bleeds.  Everybody loves. 

...As for me, I am going to ask better questions and listen harder.




No comments:

Post a Comment