Friday, October 6, 2017



 
--YOU CAN’T UNSEE IT WHEN YOU LOOK LIKE THAT

 …In a couple of hours, I’m headed to the great state of Kansas, a place I’ve never been.  Gonna run a little race on Sunday.  Gonna hang with my big brother who lives there.  Probably gonna see some corn fields, or dried up ones.  Gonna read some, write some.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and here are some things I like on Friday…

“Perhaps we should love each other so fiercely that when others see us they’ll know exactly how it’s done.” –Rudy Francisco

"When nothing is sure, everything is possible."- Margaret Drabble

 "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."- Albert Camus

"To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life."- T. S. Eliot

“I think the American Dream is everybody’s dream.” Ralph Lauren

"If you just keep playing, keep believing and have some faith, something good can happen."- Washington Redskins coach Norv Turner, whose team became only the second in NFL history to win six games after losing the first seven games of the year.

"Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."- Roger Bannister, In 1952 after breaking the four minute mile (1929)

"All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible."- Dr. Frank Richards

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."- Charles Kingsley

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life."- Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment