Monday, October 9, 2017



 
--HELLO, IT’S ME

 
…There must be a million times when I wonder how an airplane can possibly lift off into the air, and another million times when I wonder why the wings don’t break off.

…It doesn’t matter why a thing works, so long as it does.

…I have friends, but turbulence isn’t one of them.

…Sometimes when I’m looking at the moon, I wonder how many other people are gazing up at it at the same time.  Especially when the moon is full and brooding.  Especially then.

…The moon sure gets a lot of air time here.  I'm not sure why that is.

…Someone told me that vanishing is just another way of not wanting to be loved.  But I don’t know.  Maybe it’s the opposite of that.

…Either you’re there, or you aren’t.  There’s no close.  Someone also told me that.

…I’ve checked and nothing’s happening anywhere else right now.

…The calm before the storm is really just the foundation of life.

…Children like me, even the children of strangers.  It’s true, they do.  Really.  I can make them smile fairly easily.  I can usually make them giggle in less than a minute.  So that’s something I have going for myself.

…The end of the world can be cozy at times.  It’s distance that’s the problem.

…Most people’s relationship with windows is clear.  Mine’s a little muddy.  But does that mean I don't want a clear view myself?

…We’re all older now, but most of us are still running against the wind.

…If somebody tells you the same thing twice, it usually means they’re not sure.  Three times, well…

…My problem is I’m selfish at all the wrong moments.  My problem is being selfish at all.  I’m not proud of that.

…In it for a penny, in it for a pound.

So quiet you can hear a pin drop.  Yep.  That’s what it’s like right now, at this very moment, in this very place.

…If it was easy, everyone would do it.  That’s one of the sagest things my father said to me.  I think about that a lot when I’m struggling with something.

…What I learned running the race on Sunday with my brother, who is much faster than me, is that certain people, in certain situations, can make you perform at a level you didn’t think possible.  However, it doesn’t always mean that’s enjoyable.

…Nobody knows what’s coming.  Even palm readers get it wrong most times.  Even the Mayans did.  Certainly the weathermen do.  So what makes us so smart, so sure?

…One of my favorite movies is “Big Fish.”  There are a few scenes where different kids go up the spooky fortune teller lady (played by Helena Bonham Carter) and when they look into her eye, they see the future, or rather, how they will die in the future.  I don’t think that’s anything I’d want to see.

…Supposedly people with a missing limb often forget it’s not there and will involuntarily scratch at the open air where the limb once was.  That’s sort of like me when my dog’s not here.  I keep looking down, looking around, searching out her bright, brown eyes.  I’ll admit, I'm a bit crippled by her absence.

…It’s amazing how someone can transform your mood with a genuine smile shot your way for no particular reason at all.  In that way, it’s a bit of magic.  And in a way, then, we’re all magicians, whether we realize it or not.

…Whether child or adult, one of the best things someone call tell you is, “I love you to the moon…and back.”

..To be missed greatly while still alive, now that’s something.

…For everything, there is a season.  A time to live, a time to die.  A time to laugh, a time to cry.  A time to do the Bunny Hop in your underwear.  I mean, why not?
 
...People should smile more.  That's from Newton Faulkner. 

...I think Newton should be the next Dalai Lama.  Can I get an, "Amen?" 

 ...It wasn't until about 12 years ago that I learned 'Amen' meant, 'So be it'.  You probably knew that long ago, but I didn't.
 
...Tomorrow the sun's going come up, I just know it.

…Life is beautiful.  I still believe that.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment