Monday, October 2, 2017



 
--BOY, WHEN YOU’RE THROUGH, YOU’RE THROUGH.                                          NOBODY ARGUES THE POINT LIKE YOU…

 

...Just quit your crying--it’s a sign of the times. 

…Tell me something I don’t already know.

…Some days you don’t stop crying, but the sun’s still going to show up.

…You know what they say: Control what you can control.  Let the rest fall off your shoulders.

…Me, I finally found something I’m good at.

…Sometimes you need to paint the corners.

…I think squirrels are my third favorite animal.  I see so many of them when I run.  They’re so quick and cute, lithe and sort of coiled as they float across the road.  The different colors in their tails are almost fluorescent if you look closely, if they’ll slow down enough to let you look.  Black squirrels are a bit menacing, but they’re also fascinating.  Someday, maybe I’ll see a flying squirrel.  That would be something.

…It’s tricky, always trying to outrun the bullets.  Eventually, one’s going to get lodged in your teeth.  It’s just the way it is.  And it’s quite uncomfortable.

…Comfortable silence is overrated.

…I understand I’m just talking to the walls and they aren’t listening, but, hey, what’re you gonna do?

…Have you been to the doctor lately?

…We don’t talk enough.  Maybe that’s the issue.  I mean, gestures can only do so much, right?

…If you were honest, you’d admit that this is what you wanted all along.

…It’s so easy for you.  I’m jealous, and I’m not usually the jealous type.

…Everything is easier when there’s a little scorn involved.

…It’s probably not my place, but I’m going to say it anyway: blue looks good on the sky, but it ain’t your color.

…You still look pretty good from here.

…At a restaurant the other day, two toddlers started giggling and couldn’t stop.  It was pretty hilarious.  It sounded like something I used to feel.

…You can’t bribe the door on the way to the sky, but you can still try.

…I broke a finger knocking on the door.

…I think my shadow is stalking me.  It’s there every time I turn around.

…How the backstory is delivered is sometimes more important than the action or plot.  Backstory is a water-logged bag of sand that’s hard to hold for more than a few minutes.  It’s the burden you don’t know what to do with.

…For me, reading is often times like trying to find new clues.

…We’re all dead kids, but we have to kick it to the curb.

…Sometimes it feels like I’m texting myself.

…Sometimes it’s smart to channel your inner child, and sometimes it’s smart to bury it.

…The Book of Love is long and boring.

…Now that’s funny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment