Wednesday, April 2, 2014



 --A LOT OF TIMES IT’S DIFFICULT TO FEEL NECESSARY


…We get a lot of rain in the Seattle area, but March was a doozy and we broke the old record for rainfall, set in 1950 at 8.5 inches.
This March it rained a whopping 9.5 inches.

…Salaries for professional athletes continue to confound me.  I thought the Detroit Tigers paying Justin Verlander $180 million for seven years was crazy until the Tigers gave Miguel Cabera  an eight-year extension worth $292 million.  Tell me that’s not obscene.

…Here’s a funny article I saw in the newspaper:

A Las Vegas masseuse stole a client's $35,000 Rolex and hid it inside her vagina, police said.
Christina Lafave, 25, allegedly pinched the valuable watch whilst giving a relaxing $300 rubdown to Kenneth Herold, 66, at the Wynn Hotel in January.
The pair reportedly met in the hotel's bar in the early hours of the morning, and headed up to his private room soon after.
Herold claims that he undressed and got onto a massage table in his suite. Some 30 minutes into the session, he says Lafave asked him to remove his watch so she could work on his arms.
Putting the watch on the floor where he could see it, he realized around five minutes later that it had gone.
Herold accused Lafave - who has Metro-issued work cards allowing her to dance at Cheetahs, Cover Girls and Babes strip clubs - of stealing the watch and called hotel security. 
Cops arrived and searched the room, but could not find the ticker.
Lafave eventually admitted to stealing the watch, and to stashing it inside her private parts.
Officers took her to University Medical Center, where it was removed.
"Prior to medical staff assisting Lafave with the removal of the watch she admitted to them that she had stolen a watch and concealed the item in her vagina," a police report said.
Lafave was arrested and faces felony charges grand larceny and possession of stolen property. She was released on $40,000 bail. 


…And lastly, here are a few things I like midway through the week:

“It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There's almost no such thing as ready.  There’s only now.o such thing as ready. There's only now. And you may as well do it now. I mean, I say that confidently as if I'm about to go bungee jumping or something - I'm not. I'm not a crazed risk taker. But I do think that, generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.”  And you may as well do it now.  I mean, say that confidently as if I’m about to go bungee-jumping—I’m not.  I’m not a crazed risk-taker.  But I do think that, generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” Hugh Lurie

“So, then, to every man his chance -- to every man, regardless of his birth, his shining golden opportunity -- to every man his right to live, to work, to be himself, to become whatever his manhood and his vision can combine to make him -- this, seeker, is the promise of America.” Thomas Wolfeo such thing as ready. There's only now. And you may as well do it now. I mean, I say that confidently as if I'm about to go bungee jumping or something - I'm not. I'm not a crazed risk taker. But I do think that, generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.”

“Life is not holding a good hand; Life is playing a poor hand well.” Danish proverb


“Do not postpone joy.”  Teo Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment