Friday, March 1, 2013



--HEY F_*KER


…Yeah, hey, so it's Friday, the start of the weekend already.  Again.  Seems like it was Friday just the other day.
So what are your plans?

…Last week I finished "Lamb" by Bonnie Nadzam (wonderful prose, with a freaky protagonist), "The Things They Carried" by Tim O’Brien (the last story almost had me crying in the bathtub") and "The Spare Room" Helen Garner (which was slight and just okay.)  Now I've moved onto "The Wanderers" (for the second time).  It's Richard Price's first novel and quite brilliant, if not overtly racist.

…Facebook posts continue to amuse and beguile me.  Just like these:

-In other news, this morning the dog licked the cat's butt, and nobody seemed to mind, so I think we're all settled in here.

-It's official: As of today my ex-husband is a convicted felon.

-As a short, Jewish woman it is an honor to be chosen as Pope.

-Babies would be cuter if they were puppies.

-I have found the inside of my soul. It is not very friendly.

-The way i ask friends to meet me at the library is 'hey do you wanna go pretend to be bears?'

-On the bus I sat in front of two college students sharing all the ways they cheat in their courses. I'm off to cry in a corner.

-No coffee was harmed in the making of this penguin.

-I am in a giving people a piece of my mind mood. You want a piece, too? Step right up.

-Our dishwasher died the weekend before last. New one came today. Am I weird if I hug it?

No comments:

Post a Comment