Tuesday, August 10, 2010

...I have two new stories, "All I Ever Wanted" and "The Spiders In My Room" up at Troubadour 21 and here under "Words in Print."

...According to Bob Mayer, eBooks accounted for 3% of all books sales at the start of the year and they now, at the end of July account for 8%. Amazon is now selling more eBooks than hardcovers. Personally I love books--the original, paper bound deal. I love the look of them, the feel of them, even the raw smell of paper. I love book stores and being surrounded by books. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. In my house, in over half the rooms, I have a few thousand books stacked up on shelves. I can't imagine them being empty but for one that would hold a Kindle. I do get why people like their offering electronic, it's just not for me.

...The average agent accepts one client for every 100 manuscripts they reject.

...A good question to ask yourself regularly is this: "Who the hell are all these people getting published? It might as well be me."

...Last year there were 200,000 book tites released. Of those, only 561 made Publisher Weekly's bestseller list.

...I'll end with this funny, random quote I wrote down during the PNWA Conference. It has nothing to do with anything, I just like it:
"People go to Florida to die, but they go to L.A. to suffer."

No comments:

Post a Comment