Monday, April 8, 2019





--I ONLY BLINKED MY EYES



What I Need Most Now


I need the long, steady
march and pull
of your kiss. 
I do.
I need it now.
Make me shudder, please. 
Make my bones rattle. 
Rip off all of my leaves. 
Toss me in the air. 
Suture my tailbone to yours. 
Ride me. 
Stomp me, please. 
Stamp your kiss
through my pelvis. 
Ensnare, dissect and
devour me, please. 
Incite my skin with your
cinnamon needles. 
Unglue my insides,
confound my dreams again. 
Suck every piece
of my fruit dry.
Make a mess. 
Go ahead, please.  
Yes, please.
Let me suffer. 
I need to. 
Bring me your ocean
and watch me drown. 
Curl my toes. 
Knot my fingers and
joists with your lips. 
Shoot me through the current,
the rapids and high tides. 
Drown me again
and again, please.
It’s what I need most right now.
Show me how to die and
not regret a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment