Wednesday, April 3, 2019



--ALL THOSE MOMENTS, BOTTLED UP IN WONDER


Kisses

Here is my kiss for you,
untethered, unmasked,
and unbound. 
Don’t say a word. 
Make love to me
with your eyes. 
Let them stagger and bounce
against the faint night light and
I will tell you every secret
you’ve ever asked about. 
It’s time.
My tongue is the most
honest part of me tonight,
the only virgin in this poem,
the one I’ve always wanted to write.
Be rough as you like,
but Shush,
don’t speak, please.
Those butterflies in your hair
are on alert, attentive, and chromatic,
listening for time to end.
I bend into your soul
with the next kiss
and it’s a perfect fit,
wet sand adhering
like unbreakable glass.
You tap messages through
your pelvis, sonnets you compose
with your pulse and uncomposed marrow.
When my kiss reaches your absolute center,
in that locked box near
the back of your throat,
it’s a requisite penetration and
another kind of parting altogether—
lips,
legs,
heart,
eternity,
everything splayed open
yet permanently sealed by
the kiss that keeps on kissing
because it knows no other way.



No comments:

Post a Comment