Friday, April 19, 2019



 
--HEAVEN CAN WAIT, WE’RE ONLY WATCHING THE SKIES



Encore

Maybe we meet in a fast-flowing stream where the search dogs can’t track us.  Maybe the water’s tepid, just warm enough.  Maybe you’ve brought sharp cheese and I’ve brought wine, but nothing else, no clothes, just our skins.  Maybe we rub together until the stream begins to bubble and froth.  Maybe you yank my hair hard, like I’ve always wanted, before mashing my face against yours, searching for a reason.  Maybe your tongue uncoils and turns into the silk ribbon that saves me.  Maybe I tell you a secret and you say, Well, Silly Goose, that wasn’t so bad.  Maybe I kiss you again and again just because I can.  Maybe everything is so insane and perfect that at one point we both break open, like chocolate-covered cherries, our juice becoming glue, sealing us together for all time as fish slip between our legs and the water slapping-stones applaud, requesting an encore.








No comments:

Post a Comment