Wednesday, November 8, 2017



 
--OH, YOU...


…You, you've got what I need.  You got everything I need.  You’re like medicine to me…

…Love is almost always the right answer.

…She wants magnolias, out in the country, not too many people.

…I can see it all right now.  I’ll wear my black suit, black tie, hide out in the back.  I’ll do a strong shot of whiskey, straight out the flask.

…I could never hear this song too much, especially this version:


…Maybe my favorite video ever…

…Bandages and gauze.  The razor’s dull, the water’s cold against my skin.  The radio’s on, buzzing around like tin…


...I wear this crown of thorns upon my liar’s chair, full of broken thoughts I cannot repair.  …You are someone else, I am still here. .. What have I become, my sweetest friend?  Everyone I know, goes away in the end.... And you could have it all, my empire of dirt…

…This is a saber to the gut, right through the inners:


…Sometimes you close your eyes and you see the place you used to live, when you were young, and you think that was Me but it wasn’t really.

…I could never hear this song too much, either:


…When they call your name, will you walk right up, with a smile on your face?  Will you cower in fear, in your favorite sweater, like an old love letter?

…This one rips me apart every time:


…Maybe I shouldn’t think of you as mine…Seeing you, or seeing anything as much as I do you.  I take for granted that you’re always there.  I take for granted that you just don’t care.  Sometimes I can’t help seeing all the way through….You know that I’d be with you, if I could…

…How about this one?  So sad, for Nick, though:


…I saw it written and I saw it say, pink moon is on its way.  And none of you stand so tall.  Pink moon is gonna get you all…

…And this:


…Woke up for the first time, and the animals were gone.  You’ve left this house empty.  Not sure if I belong…And I love your depression, and I love your double chin…Waking up without you is like drinking from an empty cup.

…Okay, last one.  I love Miley.  I love this song, this version. (Google it).

…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw

…Well, this was fun for me.  I hope it was for you as well.  I’m a music junkie, especially sappy songs.  But maybe you found a new favorite?

…I’m headed to North Dakota tomorrow, quite early.  Wish me luck.  I’ll see you sometime around Monday, if you’re still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment