Wednesday, November 22, 2017



 
—GOOD MORNING, MIDNIGHT


 …Everybody wants to read your book and you’re only a few chapters in.

…Eventually I’ll have to deal with all of my irreconcilable selves.

…We’re all stuck inside ourselves, one way or another.

…I’m a story riddled with potholes.

…You are somebody’s Something, but you are also your You.

…You make your plans then you hear God laughing.

…There’s so much to say about a mustard seed.

…I have some explaining to do but most of the time I’m speechless.

…My least attractive side?  I’ve got plenty.

…It’s complicated.  That’s what people tell you when they don’t want to tell you the truth.

…The world’s knuckles never bruise, which is kind of amazing.

…Would you rather spend the rest of eternity bloody but alive, or with your four good feet stuck in a plot of dirt?

…The right answer is somewhere inside of me, waving its hand.

…Sometimes you think you’re spending money when all along the money’s spending you.

…I remember what I’ve imagined and imagine what I remember.

…The problem with happy endings is they’re either not really happy, or they’re not really endings.

…You pick your endings, and your beginnings.  You get to pick the frame anyway.  Maybe you don’t choose what’s in the picture, but you decide on the frame.

…I miss certain people.  It reminds me that to be alive is to be missing.

…I try to break myself open as often as I can.

…I’ve found that many people don’t know it’s customary to say Thank you.  Maybe it’s not their fault.  Maybe they just don’t know.

…Mostly I have felt myself becoming a servant of sadness.  I am still looking for the beauty in that.

…If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?

…Loneliness is solitude with a problem.

…Barefoot in the grass, I have faith in what I see.

…I’m not perfect by any means, but have a little faith in me.

…I wrote all this because I had something to say to you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment