Wednesday, November 15, 2017



 
--IT’S NOT MY FAULT THAT WE’RE SO ADORABLE.


…For a lot of people, the ocean, or a star-filled night, is what makes them feel inconsequential.  For me, it’s a very crowded airport-- where you recognize absolutely no one, but you should at least know someone, recognize one person at least, because you live in the same space as them, yet you don't know anyone at all--that's what makes me feel small.  Smaller.  It's embarrassing to admit.

…I should admit more, but it’s hard.  It’s really hard.

…I was in Bismarck, N. Dakota a few days ago.  Bismarck, and North Dakota are not known for being diverse.  In fact, until this trip, I had never seen an African American in the state, and I was born there.  At one point my brothers and I stopped at this hip bar literally in the middle of nowhere and there were four African American employees working there.  The odd thing is that on one of the TV’s there was the imprint of a Confederate flag with an imprint of an AK-47 in the middle of it.  Hmmm...

Also, a 3 Doors Down song was playing shortly thereafter.  Hmmm...  I'm not down with the Confederate flag, and I'm definitely not a fan of AK-47's.

…Drinking when you’re depressed is like throwing kerosene on fire.  Then again, when has depression ever felt like fire?

…Sure, we’ve both got our own set of problems, but we’re in this together, right?

…The eye is simply a recorder, with or without our will, and the same can be said of the heart.

…“We should talk.”—is always a scary thing to have said to you.

…If I don’t know them, then I just wonder about them.  I'm always wondering, and maybe that's my problem.

…The daffodil knows more of spring than roses know of anything.

…We’re here because we’re here because we’re here because we’re here.

…I think I might be fiction.  Or am I only a set of circumstances?

…Something about looking up always makes me feel like I’m falling.

…The worst part of being truly alone is you think about all the times you wished that everyone would just leave you be.  Then they do, and you are left being, and you turn out to be terrible company.

…I keep trying to feel in present tense.  I also keep trying to see through the clouds.

…All of my habits are nervous.

…The weather decides when you think about it, not the other way around.

…Looking like you mean something can make you feel as though you have a purpose, even if you really don’t.

…The longer the memory, the longer the list.

…I keep reminding myself that it’s all about showing up.  Grab that cup of coffee, or whatever, and go go go.

…We all just need to be a little more patience   That usually does the trick.

…Sometimes you just forget.  It happens.  Doesn’t mean there’s something harmful or malicious about it.  Forgetting is a natural part of life.

…More than once I have left the best parts of me on the page.

…I like laughing a lot, but I enjoy making others laugh more.  Over the weekend, I made my brothers laugh a ton.  Most of the time they were laughing at me, but I didn’t mind.  At least they were happy.

…I hate giving blood, can’t look at the needle, have to turn to the side and read a book.  But I do it often, I give blood.  I’d like to think there’s some 0-Positive blood available if I ever needed it.

...If you think about it, "give" is an esteemed word.

…Anne Lamott (I can never remember how to properly spell her name) said that there’s no such thing as wasted writing.  I try to remind myself of that on days when all I spew is crap, when I sound all fourth-grade.

…What’s sad is looking at your phone and finding nothing.

…We still have the best and worst of it ahead of us.

…In the best conversations, you don’t even remember what you talked about, only how you felt.

…I don’t even know what I don’t know.  How about that?

…But the fact remains that I have been dreaming about you for quite some time, often when I didn’t even know I was.

…Those seatbelts will hurt you while they’re trying to save your life.

…Oh, yeah, it’s going to be a long night.  Hold on.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Investing and saving helps you to reach your financial goals. It is not a good idea to invest in something that is currently declining in price. It is always good to consult a good investor. There are very few investors who can guide you the best. Jeremy Hughes is one of them which I know.
    Jeremy Hughes

    ReplyDelete