Wednesday, February 8, 2012


--SOMEBODY TOLD ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOU


…I have a new story, "A Perfect Scream" in Carnage Conservatory for their Werewolf themed issue, and a poem, "If Only" at The Camel Saloon.
Both are also here under "Words in Print."

…Today I am going to take the day off and play shuffleboard with a friend for hours and hours at a dive bar in town where I live. The kind of shuffleboard I'm talking about is not the old people on a cruise ship kind but the type using a hip-high wooden table with a salted surface.
At this bar, bikers usually show up. People have been known to get hurt. Sometimes badly.
Today should be an adventure.

…In the meantime, I like these things:

"Life is dark for many, and it's good to go into that darkness, from time to time, take a look around and see the suffering. It brings us closer to our own humanity, I believe." Susan Tepper

"Anyone can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it
requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend's success." Oscar Wilde

"Where there's a will, there's a greedy relative." Rick Warren

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide
forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

"One can be happy not only without love, but despite it." Peter Pereiara

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau

"There must be hundreds
of ways to be a girl. I'm just the
kind who has trouble parting her lips."
--Lauren Berry

"I am certain of nothing but the
holiness of the Heart's affections
and the truth of imagination."
-- Keats

"Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives, and remembering
what one receives." Dumas The Younger

"The greatest thing by far is to a master of the metaphor. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others; and it is also a sign of genius, since a good metaphor implies an intuitive perception of the similarity in dissimilar." Aristotle

"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage 'coaches'
ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory." Herbert Kaufman

"I think I get addicted to the feelings associated with the end of a long run. I love feeling empty, clean, worn out, starving, and sweat-purged. I love the good ache of muscles that have done me proud." Kristin Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment