Wednesday, February 22, 2012


--EVERY NEW BEGINNING IS SOME OTHER BEGINNING'S END


…Here are the things I like today:

"The world is full of paper. Write to me."
Agha Shahid Ali

"To be alive, to be able to see, to walk,...it's all a miracle." Arthur Rubinstein

"People call me an optimist, but I'm really an appreciator....When I
was six years old and had scarlet fever, the first of the miracle
drugs, sulfanilamide, saved my life. I'm grateful for computers and
photocopiers...I appreciate where we've come from." Julian Simon

"There is an internal landscape, a geography of the soul; we search for its outlines all our lives." Josephine Hart, "Damage"

"I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go." Langston Hughes

"Being the best is great, you're number one; but being unique is greater, you're the only one." Unknown

"When you are joyful, when you say yes to life and have fun and project positivity all around you, you become a sun in the center of every constellation, and people want to be around you." Tolstoy

"If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you." Henry Rollins

"Nobody wants to fuck with a poet because they'll tell on your shit." Amber Flame

“A page of good prose is invincible.” John Cheever

“Write every day. Anything you do every day gets easier.”
“Write even if the mood isn’t right. You can’t tell if what you’re writing is any good or bad while you’re writing it.”
“Write when the book sucks and isn’t going anywhere. Just keep writing. It doesn’t suck.”
--Cory Doctorow

"I only write when I am inspired. Fortunately I am inspired at 9 o'clock every morning." William Faulkner

"To live at this time is an inestimable privilege, and a sacred
obligation devolves upon you to make right use of your opportunities
"Maybe nobody will care about printed books 50 years from now, but I do. When I read a book, I'm handling a specific object in a specific time and place. The fact that when I take the book off the shelf it still says the same thing – that's reassuring. Someone worked really hard to make the language just right, just the way they wanted it. They were so sure of it that they printed it in ink, on paper. A screen always feels like we could delete that, change that, move it around. So for a literature-crazed person like me, it's just not permanent enough." Jonathan Franzen

No comments:

Post a Comment