Sunday, February 26, 2012


--MAYBE WE SHOULD TALK FIRST


...I used to see those bumper stickers on cars-- "Life is A Bitch, and then you die."
I hated them, their cynism.
And this one, too-- "Life is a Bitch, then you marry one."
A woman is not a Bitch.
Life's not a Bitch, either.
Are you kidding me?
How lucky are we? Stop being so self=-absorbed. Life is finite. It's shrinking at this very moment, which means it is precious, actually the most precious thing there is.

-"When I grow up, I want to be a little boy." Joseph Heller

-"Love must be learned, and learned again and again; there is no end to it. Hate needs no instruction, but only waits to be provoked." Katherine Anne Porter

-"Love your self's self where it lives." Anne Sexton

-"Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all." Oliver Wendell Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment