Thursday, February 2, 2012


--I THINK YOU WERE LOOKING AT THE MOON WHEN IT HAPPENED


…I have three new short pieces up at Press 1 and here under "Words in Print."
They are:
"Mix it Up"
"Full"
"Drums

…Have you heard about the Giant Burmese python problem?
It's real. I read about in The USA Today. Kind of freaky.
The snakes can grow up to 16 FEET long and weigh up to 150 POUNDS. Yikes.
They've overrun The Everglades National Park. Since 2000, 1850 of the snakes have been killed by park personnel. The photo accompanying the story I read showed a snake with a deer in its stomach. Holy hell.

…Facebook is raising money for an IPO.
Seven years ago Mark Zuckerberg was on the cover of "Fast Company" magazine. The story basically scolded him for rejecting an offer of $1 Billion to sell Facebook.
Now the company is worth $100 Billion.

…I started "The Hunger Games." It's very readable. I can see why it was a big hit.

…Listened to "Neon Trees" on the treadmill this morning. They're a great pop band, perfect for an upbeat workout.

…I don't think I've ever seen a good CSI, NCIS, Law and Order type show on TV. They're all very poorly written and acted, and more than a little preposterous. I'm not trying to be pretentious either. It's just they're really awful and I don't get it.
"Breaking Bad," on the other hand, just gets better and better with each episode. Do yourself a favor and start with season one. You'll love it.

…What are your thoughts about Lana Del Rey? She’s a stunner, to be sure. I saw her perform on Saturday Night Live and, as everyone said, she was pretty awful. She was like some beautiful, stoned wraith, swaying in a white gown and pawing her hair every other stanza. Really quite odd. I’ve never seen anything like it.

…Here are a few things I saw yesterday that were interesting:

71% of women think couples shouldn't have sex unless they're in love.
53% of men disagree.

"Kissing is the most undervalued skill in bed." Lindsey Vonn

"To do something you think you can't, sometimes you just have to forget who you are." Jesse Eisenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment