Friday, December 7, 2018






—WHATEVER GETS YOU THROUGH THE NIGHT



…One more day.  Two!  What does it mean?  It has to mean something, doesn’t it?

…I know, I know….  I’m almost there.  Some part of me is, anyway.

…I know, I know.  More gibberish.

…The only thing out there is a whole lot of wide-open black.

…Yahoo?  Never been a fan.  Sleep?  Well, not until now.

...“Poor old Grandad, I laughed at all his words…”

…Somehow, I’ve gotten hooked on Forensic Files.  It’s mighty interesting, but boy does it blow a hole in your faith when it comes to humankind.

…It’s probably not okay if your body wants to die without your OK.

…Anyway, I’ll be in PDX in five days, so there’s that.

…Oh, that scarecrow.  Look at him standing there, so officious and lightweight, wearing nothing but torn trousers and a shit-eating grin.  Talk about a red herring.

…Who’s to say why the heart feels what it does, even when the head doesn’t agree at all?

…I can be there before you know it.

“Perhaps love is the process of leading you gently back to yourself.”  Antoine De Saint-Exupery

…I don’t expect you to be here, and I’m not even sure why I am.

...“Tuesday’s gray and Wednesday, too.  Thursday, I don’t care about you…”

…The letters of math still confound me.  But that’s really not a surprise to anyone.

…Faith is a muscle, like the rotator cuff.  It can get torn without your even noticing.

…My Dads were enigmas, both of them in their own way.  I’d love to meet them someday.

…This cough could start a fire.  Should come in handy if I’m ever stranded in the woods.

…“Those fucking kids are a germ bin…”  Yeah, but love them anyway.

…Doctors and nurses and voicemails and recordings and no doctor.  That’s just how it is sometimes—Life.

“Put the harps away.  I’m still here.”

…Whatcha gonna do?

...Dear God.  Yesterday, I told someone I believe in you.  They said they didn't.  That's okay.  That's not okay.  Anyway, please shake some thing up today.  Go ahead and drop those miracles, even if no one gets it.

…Good morning, Sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment