Wednesday, December 5, 2018





—I SEE YOUR TRUE COLORS, SHINING THROUGH


 …Mean ppl…  Who knew there were so many?

…I know, I know.  But still.

…Doesn’t everybody just want love and prayers sent their way?  I’d like to think so.

…Here’s a question (and I want your honest answer), if your best friend said or did something incredibly horrible to you (not just a kind of ha-ha, bad-moment-for-me thing, but something really deplorable), would you forgive them?  Would it change your relationship?  Would it make you look at the extent of your relationship, up until then, differently?  Would you think everything up until then had been a hoax?
  
…Thanks.  I’m just asking for a friend.

…I think Day Drinking is okay, so long as you’re doing it with a friend and that friend isn’t you.  Otherwise, well…

…Kind of seems like we should all celebrate Festivus.  What do you think?

…People should smile more.  We should celebrate more.  There are a million things to celebrate, if you just look around.  It’s like, when you’re at dinner with friends, drinks come, and someone points their glass your way and says, “Your turn to come up with the toast.”  At first, you’ve got nothing.  But then you think a little, and you go, “To _______.”  There’s always, “To______.” if we take enough time to think about it.

…“What is your blog about?  It’s so confusing.  Is it a diary, or fiction, or what?  Seems like it’s gibberish.  Seems like you're a dumb ass.”

…Duplicitous—now there’s a word.

…It’s amazing how much time I spend with words.  Using them.  Thinking about them.  Regretting them.  Defining them.  How about you?

…We all do things to protect ourselves when we’re hurt.  Some of those, we regret.  Some we don’t.  The ones we don’t, we likely should.

…Hair is kind of fascinating, if you think about it.  It’s a kind of disguise.  I always think of Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club, how she would make a tent of her hair, hide behind it, use it as a drape or shield.  Human hair is the biggest thing that changes our appearance.  It’s our biggest camouflage, our biggest distraction.  But underneath it, or without it, that’s us, bald as a baby bird and just as ugly.

…“Whee!”  Whenever I get that text from a friend, I can’t help but smile.

 …I wrote a fair amount yesterday.  I promise: prose, other than this, is coming.

…You may be impossibly smart, but when your nails rust, they totally give you away.

…I can’t get this song out of my head.  I had no idea it was called “Ooh La La,” or that it was by The Faces.  Rod Stewart had to have been about 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhjHBV20ZV4

…"The secret is in the dirt."  I heard that the other day and thought,  Yeah, that's about right.  I concur.

…I think I’m almost done.  Yeah, I think.

…Dear God.  I hope you have a fantastic day, and that you do a lot of great things for people who need great things to be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment