Wednesday, June 20, 2018





--SEEMS LIKE YOU’VE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT 


…Tonight the ghosts are a little over-stimulated.  I can hear their stomachs growl, feel their sheets tighten around my neck.

…Not everybody likes laying their guts out on the table, but everybody wishes they were with someone who would.

…Tornadoes hop, they don’t just land in one place.  That’s how I know it’s not elephants stomping around the house.

…If we’re being honest, aren’t we all just trying to be seen, to matter?

…Don’t be nervous to go for it.   You’re here for a reason.

…Just because you understand the mechanics of what keeps you alive, that doesn’t mean it’s any less than magic.  After all, everybody’s kept alive by magic.

…So, not even is the whole situation horrible but my guilt makes it worse.   

…Are you lonely, and if so, what do you do about it?

…Farther or further?  I never know.  Father?  I had two of them and still don’t know.

…When I think I’ve gotten to the darkest point I could ever reach with my writing, a shovel appears, dirt starts flying up over the steep hole and I drop down farther.

…Now’s a good time to think about something else, but I’m having a hard time.

…You can’t keep things the way they are.  They change.  They go away.  There has never been an exception to this rule.

…If you have to ask, “Was it fun for you?” chances are it probably wasn’t.

…It’s important to remember when you get un-friended or blocked that there are other friends out there and that the friend who un-friended you probably wasn’t really your friend to start with.

…Sometimes I don’t even recognize the world we’re living in.

…You want to learn how to fit in with people, you have to learn how to say you’re sorry.

…The fact that you think you’ll be fine only proves how fine you will not be.

…It doesn’t matter what I think, it only matters what you’re going to do next.  

…Everything is pretty understandable if you take away what people do to you and the shapes they assume and what they do to you.

…Some people just have to have the last word, so I usually let them have it.

…“To a man who is afraid, everything rustles.”  Sophocles said that, and I believe him.

…Memory is the resurrection that keeps you rooted to the past.

…Trusting your head, or trusting your heart—isn’t that the ultimate guess?


No comments:

Post a Comment