Friday, May 18, 2018





--WHEN THEY CALL YOUR NAME, WILL YOU WALK RIGHT UP?



…Am I happy?  Damned if I know.  But give me a few minutes and I’ll tell you if you are.

…There are all kinds of misery, and sometimes I feel them all at once.  Misery loves company all right.  Especially mine.

…I want to ask the happiest person in the world whether it was worth it, all the sacrifices they made in order to become that happy.

…I figure if I run out of stories to tell, I can always make them up.  That way people will think they’re about somebody else.

…Somebody else is probably thinking the same thing I am right now.  I hope so anyway.

…I know there are worse things, but it doesn’t feel like it.

…I’ve only had my palm read once and that was a long time ago.  I wish I could remember what that woman told me.

…Some people care most about exhibiting how much they care.

…Someone once asked me, “Who is Len?”  I didn’t have the answer then, and I guess I still don’t.

…On a run the other day I saw a bunny as small as a mouse.  It looked at me like I was a monster, but it didn’t scamper away.  He’s probably the size of a cat by now.

…Here’s something sage someone once told me:  You can choose your friends, but not your friendships. 

…I wish I could ask the future whether I should give up or keep trying.  Then again, what if trying, even in the face of certain failure, feels as good as accomplishing?  What if it’s even better?  And here we are again. 

…I was angry at the ghost for months, would shout at it to stop trying to scare me.  Now I understand it’s just lonely.

…The trees always seem so unimpressed with me, but I don’t blame them.

…The trouble with comparing yourself to others is there are so many others.

…You are good.  You are bad.  You are abnormal.  You are just like everybody else.

…I still walk the halls of my old childhood house at night.  Who doesn’t?

…If you want to know someone’s secret, don’t ask a thing.  Just listen.

…Horror is terror that stayed the night.

…The dark owns everything.  Some of us just aren’t aware of that fact.

…After I stopped hoping to outgrow them, my fears were no longer a burden.  Hope is what then became a burden instead.

…Better than beauty, which is everywhere, is the memory of first discovering beauty.

…Shame needs an excuse to feel ashamed.  It apologizes for everything, even itself.

…It’s easier to speak to a crowd, to stare into the spotlight, than it is to look into a human face.

…There’s a tree growing inside of me. It’s branch is reaching through my throat right now.

…Our attention is always divided.

…I guess the question is: is it worth the effort to decipher?

…I keep getting mail that says, “No longer at this address.”

…I can lock up, if you’ve got somewhere you need to be.

…When you have a minute, call me back.












No comments:

Post a Comment