Monday, May 7, 2018






--I GET THOSE GOOSEBUMPS EVERY TIME


This Is My Depression Talking Again

Like sometimes I start here
in the middle of my missteps.
I turn little boy choosing black
choosing more black
instead of grown man
choosing happy teeth,
choosing do not sag,
choosing remember life,
saying warped tree over there,
come hug me and I will be sure
to hug you back.

Like sometimes midnight eats itself,
dawn turns bulimic,
and I see, feel think—
black belt tightening around neck not waist,
bed of blades hissing Lay here.
 Sleep. Bleed. Sleep.
a hundred severed fingers tap-dancing
in my skull as I walk
the shaky tightrope where
loneliness brushes up against lunacy.

And finally
like sometimes
every wrong,
every reason,
every answer
tastes caustic and chalky,
like chaff, dead moths,
dead moms,
dead anything
stuck to the roof of my mouth,
earwigs in throat,
no way to say Help,
no way to lift or reach
as the moon unpacks
a pistol meant to make
the scarecrow dance
and flop
and die
once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment