Monday, August 28, 2017



 
--YOU’RE LIKE THAT CIGARETTE, THAT SHOT OF 100 PROOF…
 

...Nine times out of ten there’s a look of recognition that will answer the question for you.

…The only person you can make say “Yes” is you.

…I don’t always know what I’m doing here.

…I keep getting it wrong.

…It’s raining today even though there’s not a cloud in the sky.

…Sometimes the person to fear the most is the one you used to trust most.

…When I was young I was quite naïve.  Once, around age seven or so, when it was nearing the end of December, my brother told me a burglar broke into the North Pole, that Santa heard some noise in the giant shed where he kept his toys, and after he turned on the light, the burglar stabbed and killed him.  I was heart-broken.  “That means no more presents for you or anyone,” my brother said.  I went to school and asked my classmates if they’d heard about Santa being murdered.  Turned out I was the only kid that age who still believed in Santa.  Turned out I was teased and ostracized the rest of grade school.

…Sometimes you just have to ask questions.

…If you’re lonely when you’re alone, you’re in bad company.

…You either go through metamorphosis or you calcify.

…Sex is an itch you just scratch, but love is the itch so far down that you can’t even reach it with your own hand.

…Butterflies and tsunamis; they’re both nature.

…Smolder is a pretty great word.

…Coagulate is a word that sounds like what it is.  (I think there’s a name for that.)

…Nothing seems to make much sense.  It’s all just Greek to me.

…Maybe I don’t want to know the reason why.

…You only give up your power when you think you don’t have any.

…Flowers are wonderful.  Really fucking wonderful.  Hopeful, too.

…Keep your head down and you’ll be fine.  That’s what they say anyway.

…Who is “They”?

…Even if you don’t think it, don’t feel it, it’s probably a good idea to breathe.

…Someone told me they’re burning me tomorrow.  I hope they were joking.

…I get sloppy when the Cab does its work.

…That’s not me talking; it’s just water in the air pipe.

…There are hardly any trees anymore.  No oxygen.  No air.

…If I die tonight there will be a million things I never said.

…I’m feeling a little threadbare, but at least it’s quiet here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment