Wednesday, May 31, 2017




 --THE MOON TOLD ME
THAT THE MASS AND STRENGTH
OF THE REAL STORY
    DOES NOT LIE
ON THE HANDS OR LIPS,
   NOT THE GROIN
 OR EVEN IN THE HEART.
  IT IS ALWAYS IN THE EYES.
THE MOON SAID:
    KEEP THEM OPEN—
YOUR EYES--
  WHEN YOU KISS.
   ALL THE ANSWERS
ARE THERE,
   EXPOSED AND NAKED,
EVERY SINGLE TRUTH
   GLEAMING.


…This morning the waves have all left the lake.  No boats bob.  The eagle’s in hiding.  The beaver must be holding his breath underwater.
And still it’s beautiful.

…The keyboard is slippery and dull.  It keeps getting stuck on the K and P.  It’s all I can type.  Occasionally I get an L.  That’s how it goes some days.

…Yesterday the sky was gray, the color of dirty water.  The sky boomed with thunder.  It sounded ominous, like God pounding his fist on the dinner table.  I worried for the lone guy in the metal boat but then he paddled away quick enough, drenched, however, from the spitting rain.

…Here are some interesting and/or funny bits from Facebook friends this week:

-If a person didn't have a miserable time in high school, I don't trust them.
 
-The other day I picked up the baby from daycare and a little girl whose like 3 told me, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy and she lets me rub it."
I said, "that's cool, you're gonna be a big sister."
Then She told me, "Can I rub the baby in your tummy?"
But another little boy jumped in, "Boys don't have babies in the tummies!"
And that poor girl looked so confused and pointed at my stomach saying, "But, but, but..."


-"Thank you for your recent submission, our editorial department was close with it, very close. Do you have a pickup truck? We are currently moving some heavy furniture. We are going to pass on the sub. But this Saturday 8am to 2pm ish, are you available, with the truck? We love your work and could use your help and your support! Will have sangria here, we are making it now as a matter of fact, friend. What do you say?" - the editors

-Liam: "If you look at the moon, you'll dream of the animals, and they'll tell you they're sorry they died, and they miss you."

-Where the Hell are my pants?

-Did you hear about the Italian Chef?
He pastaway.

-In my news feed tonight, one friend getting married tomorrow and another one got engaged tonight. But I hired a new housekeeper today, so that's probably the most important relationship of my life.

-I like the idea of doing things more than doing things.
 

 

1 comment: