Friday, May 26, 2017



 
--I’M ALL TANGLED UP IN BARBED WIRE


 A Poor Boy’s Necropolis

I am telling my bones
To be patient
Don’t break
Not yet
Put the noose down
Use it as a jump rope
If necessary
Dice it into a dozen
Bushy eyebrows and
Short moustaches
Make a decoupage
Charlie Chaplin portrait
Pin it to the
Bedroom wall
And wait the war out

Next I am coaxing my bones 
Like a snake charmer
Until they turn fluid and liquid
Becoming a series of lava lamps
That glow under skin
Electric and ethereal
My heart shielded
By so much color
Distracted by all that beauty
A dull toad
Barely beating

Next I am telling my bones
Bedtime stories and fables
While trying to sound
Convincing and authoritative
So they know
I mean business
Like Yahweh in
The Old Testament
When he wiped out
Whole countries
Using genocide and infanticide 
When He asked a father
To take his own son’s life
Without apology

Next I’m becoming a young
Orthopedist skilled at the craft
Tucking my bones
Into soft scarves
Swaddling the ones
That still have flesh
Clinging to them
I dig a shallow grave
Nothing elaborate
Where my bones and I
Lay down together
Tricking ourselves
Into believing the dirt
Showering us overhead
Is an irregular water feature
Spewing pebbles and soil
Instead of clear sprays

Last I tell my bones
The biggest lies I can think of
And when I run out of lies
I tell them two short ones
That they are safe
That we both are
I repeat these over and over
I tell them anything
To distract us
From what’s coming next

 

3 comments:

  1. عرض مميز جدا لجميع عملاء صيانة ال جي عند طلب الخدمات بالاتصال علي مركز خدمة عملاء ال جي المعتمد سوف يحصل كل عميل علي خصم 20 %

    ReplyDelete
  2. اندست

    مركز صيانة وستنجهاوس في مصر يقدم افضل خدمات صيانة اندست قطع غيار اصليه فقط اتصل بي خدمة عملاء وستنجهاوس في مصر للحصول علي افضل خدمات الصيانة المنزلية اتصل الان بتوكيل صيانة اندست المعتمد في مصر اتصل الان للحصول علي خصم 25% علي صيانة اجهزة اندست مصر علي يد امهر الفنيين المتخصصين لصيانة اندست

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://indesit-egypt.oneDecember 3, 2018 at 12:28 AM

    thnkas

    ReplyDelete