Monday, October 12, 2015



--THIS IS YOUR MEMORY.  THIS IS REMEMBERING 


…It’s Monday.  A new week with new rain that looks a lot like the old rain.  Bring it on, Mom.

…Here’s a band I’ve never heard of, which my daughter turned me onto:
            

…And here are some other things I like to start off the week:

   
“At fifteen, I stopped scowling,
I desired my dust to be mingled with yours
Forever and forever and forever.”
     - Li Po, 8th Century A.D.
“When grief comes to you as a purple gorilla, you should count yourself lucky.” Mathew Dickman
 -“If you think about it, we have nothing to lose but doubt, uncertainty, weight, hate, so we might as well innovate and contemplate what we've perhaps, in times of weakness, doubted as "not good enough" or "too ridiculous" to explore. We have nothing to really lose. Keep going. Keep the vision, the passion, alive.” Michael Seidlinger

-“In the end, only three things matter:  how you loved, how gently you lived, and how gratefully you let go of those things not meant for you.” Buddha
-“The cruelest divorces are the ones that never happen.” Meg Pokrass

-“If you talk to God, you’re praying.  If God talks back, it’s schizophrenia.” Phil Spector

-“God doesn’t care that I have a sandwich on Yom Kippur.  He cares that that I helped a blind man across the street.” Joan Rivers

-“People think I had a clear mind and thought my way through it.  I didn’t.  I prayed.  Man, we need a boat.  And then a boat comes floating up the street!  We need a truck, a truck comes up the street!  I needed somebody to put this movie out so the whole world could see the footage.  Here come the filmmakers!  How could I believe that God was not involved in that?” -- Kimberly Roberts, Hurricane Katrina survivor


-“Love is huge but if you’re talking about men and women, it’s got to start with the most initial obvious attraction that warthogs go through.  Look at that ass!  That’s what keeps the world spinning.  There’s your God.” Chevy Chase


No comments:

Post a Comment