Wednesday, October 14, 2015



--I’M OKAY IF YOU’RE OKAY


…Hey Wednesday, how’re you doing?
I’m a little stuffed up. 
Stupid allergies.

…Things I learned so far this week:

Washington forest fires, this year alone, burned 1,719 acres, the size of Rhode Island with 300 acres to spare.

The typical American eats 263 eggs a year.

33% of high school graduates never read another book in their life.
44% of college graduates never read another book in their life.
80% of families did not buy or read a book last year.
70% of all Americans have not been in a book store in the last five years.

A lightning bolt is five times hotter than the sun.

The inventor of the fire hydrant is unknown because the building he was in burnt down.

Early Egyptian Royals used to marry their siblings.

Each year 3 billion yards of denim is woven, or enough to wrap around the earth at least 67 times.

In the first week it was legal, Oregonians bought $11 million worth of marijuana.


…And I feel things I like on a Wednesday:

“I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend against its force....My love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day.” Og Mandino

“To love what you do and feel that it matters—how could anything be more fun?” Katherine Graham

“The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.” Tom Waitts

“We’re all pretty bizarre.  Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.” The Breakfast Club

“I was told over and over again that I would never be successful, that I was not going to be competitive and the technique was simply not going to work. All I could do was shrug and say "We'll just have to see."
- Dick Fosbury, who won an Olympic gold medal at the 1968 Mexico games after he invented a revolutionary high-jump technique.




No comments:

Post a Comment