Wednesday, October 29, 2014


--YEAH, WE’RE PRETTY CUTE TOGETHER

…Hey, Wednesday, why so gray?
...Along with Sheldon Compton, I was featured on Robert Vaughan's column, Two for Tuesday, talking about two of my favorite books:
http://www.robert-vaughan.com/two-for-tuesday-sheldon-compton-and-len-kuntz/
 …Tomorrow I’m driving across the state to see my father who had, in this order, pneumonia, a heart attack, and a stroke.  Apparently he’s doing better, but better is not necessarily good.  I’ll need some inspiration, so there’s these:

“I’ve seen extreme bravery from the least likely of people. Life is about the moments when it's all gone wrong. That's when we define ourselves.” Bear Grylls
“There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.”  Kurt Hahn
“I have enjoyed life a lot more by saying "yes" than by sayings ‘no.”  Richard Branson

“Paddle, paddle - sometime big wave come.”  Taro, Japanese surfer

 “I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us.”  Jack Anthony


“A wise man once said nothing.” 

“New York is something awful, something monstrous. I like to walk the streets, lost, but I
recognize that New York is the world's greatest lie. New York is Senegal with machines.”
Federico Garcia Lorca

 “Everyone in New York City thinks they are famous without being famous.” Ethan Minsker

“Your imagination is the preview to life's coming attractions.”  Albert Einstein

“If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.” B.J. Marshall

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”  H. Jackson Brown Jr.

“Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.”  Will Rogers

 "A riot is the language of the unheard." Martin Luther King, Jr.
 "Do not go chasing applause and acclaim, that way lies madness." Ron Swanson

No comments:

Post a Comment