Friday, September 12, 2014



--TAKE A GOOD LOOK.  YOU MIGHT JUST BE SURPRISED BY ALL THE BEAUTY AND JOY YOU’LL FIND



…It’s Friday and I’ve started the weekend off by getting a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt.  That’s $120 ticket.  Never mind that I’d just come from the grocery store and had gone a mere TWO BLOCKS trying to pull into the gas station when this cop came up behind me.
What the hell?  Go catch some criminals.
Okay, enough ranting.
It’s Friday after all.
Don’t worry.  Be Happy.

…So here were some interesting things people said on Facebook this week:


-Last night's dream was really obvious; I had sex in an elevator and a bodega with Jennifer Lawrence and Robert Pattinson, respectively, of course.
-I don't care for you. Hope that helps to balance things out a bit.
-Poem title (in this morning’s submission reading) “Oh for fucks sake”
-If you become furious with your live-in female lover, make sure you live in South Africa because then you can shoot her a number of times through your shared bathroom door and be forgiven for doing so because she may have been an intruder. Also, if you punch out your fiancé in an elevator, make sure there's no camera available, and you're golden.
-I'm aghast! I just discovered my pants are on backwards. It's after midnite on a Wednesday morning. This is not good....AND suddenly I feel like I need to get my shit together ASAP and start shaving my legs, matching my undies (again), wear SOMETHING other than workout clothes, maybe brush my hair occasionally...
 -Pay money to be alone, to say "I love you" to a brick wall, to kiss that wall, that brick, to kiss nothing at all except air, fucking love that air, don’t think about anyone, think about everyone, think about air because it’s always in front of you, inside of the insides of you--
-Is anyone else going batshit crazy or is it just me?
-It sucks to be old.



…And here are a few other things I like for the weekend:

“Don't allow yourself to be intimidated! There is more than one road to joy.”  - Writing in "The Paradox of Love" Pascal Bruckner
"Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved.” D.H. Lawrence
 "Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved." Will Rogers


"Life on the open road is liberty....to be alone, to have few needs, to be unknown, everywhere a foreigner and at home, and to walk grandly and solitarily in conquest of the world." Isabelle Eberhardt

"Everybody takes everybody for granted."  Joshua Ferris

No comments:

Post a Comment