Friday, August 1, 2014




--NOBODY LIKES YOU LIKE I LIKE YOU

…There’s a James Brown movie coming out.  I appreciated him but was never a huge fan.
Some things I just found about him are pretty impressive:
He had over 800 songs in his catalog.
Only Glee, Lil Wayne and Elvis had more top 100 singles than Brown, although Brown never reached #1
He typically lost seven pounds of sweat during a live show
He was addicted to painkillers and PCP
 Here’s a quote from him that I like: “Sports are good, but it don’t touch music.  Music is till the master of the soul.  I can play in a place, and 30 minutes later everybody is brothers.”
…Here are some others I like for the weekend:
-“Most people think the hardest three words are ‘I love you,’ but they’re actually ‘I don’t know’.” Steven Levitt
 -“Seeing anyone do what they do best is beautiful.”  Bonnie Stoll
 -“Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?”  Albert Camus
-“I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.” Charles Bukowski
-“We all have dreams. And we all get disappointed. We all have heartache and we suffer and work to get through it. It’s just the human condition. ...So I stand here today so proud. I’m so proud of
my team and I’m so proud of myself.”  Diana Nyad, who at age 64 swam 103 miles from Cuba to Florida
 -“The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.” Sarah Ban Breathnack

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

“For weeks Tyrone thought he was going to die any minute, and there were also times when he was afraid he wasnt going to die.”  Hubert Selby Jr., Requiem for a Dream
  
“Now is the time to understand more, so we fear less.” Marie Curie

 “Aspire, break bounds. Endeavor to be good, and better still, best.”  Robert Browning
  

 U.G.L.Y: U gotta love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment