Wednesday, August 27, 2014



--I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED TO SWIM BETTER


-“Life is mostly edges.” Calvin Miller 

-“Being a father is the only thing that lives up to the hype. When I'm with my daughter - when we're doing homework together or hanging out watching a movie or kicking  a soccer ball around or doing any of the things we do - that's the only time I feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.”  Aaron Sorkin, TV writer

-“We watch movies and TV about heroic acts by soldiers or cops, but maybe that sort of heroism isn’t very relevant to modern reality.  Maybe real courage is being willing to get up and face another day, and do honest work to the best of our ability despite knowing that, in all likelihood, we won’t get the recognition or financial reward we deserve.”  John F. Groom

 -“I call people rich when they're able to meet the requirements of their imagination.” Henry James

-No one’s going to do something for you, and I think that’s been the thing that’s gotten me through everything. I’ve never sat around and waited for anybody to do anything for me. If I wanted to do something, I made it happen.”  Alyssa Mastromonaco, Deputy White House Chief of Staff for Operations
  
-“I like a man who attempts the impossible.”  J.P. Morgan
  
“Storytelling is fundamental to our civilization.”

“Write your stories like they matter, and they will.” --Donald Maass

"But there are angels from which one cannot escape." Pierre Albert-Birot

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." Carrie Fisher

"'Where do I go to get my ideas?' Well, you damn well sit down and decide to have an idea." Andy Rooney


"I think people underestimate the power of a steady diet of proper antidepressants, caffeine, sleeping pills, punk rock, death metal, gin, and cartoons." Alex Pruteanu

No comments:

Post a Comment