Monday, April 29, 2013




--SOMETIMES I CAN STILL FEEL IT


…On the treadmill this am I listened to this:
I have a boy crush on Brandon Flowers.  My favorite bit of the song is “I’ve got soul, but I’m not a soldier.”

I also listened to this:
I have a girl crush on her.  Just love them.

…Do you ever feel like a slacker?  Just a little bit?
Yesterday I watched a man with no arms play guitar with his feet, his toes.  His voice wasn’t the greatest but his guitar playing was pretty stellar.  I’d always wanted to play guitar, and then a few years back, I attempted to do so, but after nearly a year I gave up.  Kumbaya was about the only song I could play, which isn’t really much of a song, right?
Anyway, watching that guy play was really something and it made me feel like a slacker.

…Here are some things I like to start the week off with:

"When people say they have no regrets--no regrets about anything, anything they've said or done--well, I regret and I'm sorry." R. Seagal

"You must write, and read, as if your life depended on it." -- Adrienne Rich

"The moon is a gentle reminder of every woman who has drowned a man without apology." Gabriel Don

"I have a sad heart but a merry mind." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me. Herman Hesse

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm about as happy as the Louie on the show.  I don't mind feeling sad.  Sadness is a lucky thing." Louie CK

"Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles but in
avoiding them.  A masterly retreat is in itself a victory." Norman Vincent Peale

“Fiction, poetry, music, really deep serious sex, and, in various ways, religion — these are the places (for me) where loneliness is countenanced, stared down, transfigured, treated.” - David Foster Wallace

"There was no such thing as half-trying. Whether it was running a race or catching a football, competing in school -- we were to try. And we were to try harder than anyone else. We might not be the best, and none of us were, but we were to make the effort to be the best." Senator Robert F. Kennedy, in a tribute to his father

"For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive." David Lawrence

"Only have enough of little virtues and common fidelities, and you need not mourn because you are neither a hero nor a saint." H.W. Beecher

"One climbs a mountain not to conquer it, but to be lifted away from the earth up into the sky." Russell Banks

"The truth will set you free, but not until it is finished with you." David Foster Wallace

"You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop." Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment